The ShimmerCapture application allows users to display and save data received from Shimmer devices streaming over Bluetooth. The application allows the configuration of a range of parameters on the Shimmer3. ShimmerCapture works in conjunction with the Shimmer3 LogAndStream firmware to allow simultaneous streaming of data over Bluetooth as well as the logging of data to the on-board microSD card. LogAndStream firmware is the complete data recording solution which facilitates logging of data from a Shimmer3 to the on board SD card, while also providing the ability to simultaneously stream data over a wireless connection to a Bluetooth-enabled PC. It is recommended that the LogAndStream firmware be used in conjunction with the ShimmerCapture and/or ShimmerLog PC applications, which are available for download.
Shimmer Capture LogandStream activity
Shimmer Capture GUI Indicators
The current release of ShimmerCapture is available for use in Microsoft Windows environments
Main Features Include
• Simultaneous logging to SD card and streaming over Bluetooth
• No data lost during Bluetooth signal outages
• Seamlessly move between host devices
• Fully configurable sampling
• Define and save configuration for a trial and re-load at a later date
• Simple, intuitive application user interface.
• Export data in raw or calibrated format to a tab delimited text file.
A Shimmer3 is required and the dock should be configured for the Shimmer3
Bluetooth enabled host device running Windows 7 or later. Microsoft .NET Framework 4 is required.
Less than 32GB capacity
Must not be an XC (eXtended Capacity) card
Must support 1 bit SPI mode
To download ShimmerCapture firmware please click here
• Single Shimmer currently supported (no synchronisation).
• Event markers not available.
• Shimmer3 support only (no legacy hardware supported).